Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Goals.

I know that the title of this blog refers to 100 pounds, but my goals are deeper than just losing weight. I want to be an asset to those around me. If some crisis erupts, I want to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. If one of my kids sprains an ankle while we're camping, I don't want to have to call an ambulance for both of us because I collapse while carrying him to the car.

I'm not building an Abercrombie & Fitch underwear model, I'm building a life teeming with potential because I have minimized my physical limitations. I want to amaze my doctors and frustrate my pharmacist as I decrease the meds I take and stave off the effects of my various ailments.

It's happening. I can feel it in oh so small increments, but the progress is there. I have refocused my thoughts from "Back in the day, I was..." to "Tomorrow, I will be..."

2 comments: